The round table discussion will take place between 9 a.m. and 10.30 a.m. on 9 November 2012 and will focus on questions concerning the design of exhibitions on economic issues. In part, these questions also relate to other forms of involvement in economic issues, particularly teaching and journalism, but have specific answers in the context of museography. Another topic to be discussed will be what museums can offer in addition to the initiatives and actions of other players involved in raising awareness about the economy.
The Cité de l’Économie et de la Monnaie has drawn together a panel of key players for the event who are, or have been, faced with this broad range of issues both in France and abroad and who will share their experiences:
- Sophie Bougé, Curator of the exhibition on “L’économie: krach, boom, mue”(Where now for the economy: crash, boom or transformation?) (March 2013) at Cité des sciences et de l’industrie
- Goéry Delacôte, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Exploradôme
- Silvia Singer-Sochet, Managing Director of the Museo interactivo de economia (MIDE, Mexico)
- Philippe Bonzom, Executive Head of the Cité de l’Économie et de la Monnaie project, Banque de France
Banque de France has partnered the Economy Days since their inception.
Go to the JECO website at www.journeeseconomie.org to:
- Read the detailed description of the round table for “The economy on show”
- View the full JECO 2012 programme
Published on 10 April 2013.