Cit€co is first of all a game, designed to be fun to play:
- players have to try to beat other virtual players by managing a retail company that is opening shops across France and the rest of the world;
- throughout the game, players have to manage their cashflow and energy levels, and face challenges in the form of random events that can have either a positive or negative impact.
As well as being fun, Cit€co teaches players about economic issues, such as:
- managing cashflow: inflows, outflows, obtaining – under certain conditions – bank loans and insurance;
- competition in a given market and strategies for choosing where to locate activities;
- integrating sustainable development concerns: choosing between environmentally friendly and standard shops, climate events, etc.
Trailer of the game
The player’s final score reflects the strategic decisions he or she has taken. Players can win extra energy points by answering questions on the Cité de l’Économie website.
As with all projects currently being developed by the Cité de l’Économie, we welcome any comments and suggestions on Cit€co.
They will be studied carefully to help us improve the game and, more generally, to make sure the Cité de l’Économie et de la Monnaie meets your expectations.
Cit€co was developed by Ouat-Entertainment
Published on 21 October 2015.