As a one-of-a-kind museum project in the heart of Paris, Citéco aims to answer the questions of visitors of all ages as well as to raise new ones, encourage debates and enrich exchanges, arouse curiosity, and open new horizons… The challenge is big: helping visitors, particularly the youngest ones, to be well-acquainted with the different economic theories and to better understand the principal mechanisms involved. By means of a “funducational” installation and an innovative museography, the developers of this project wished to give visitors interactive team games as well as a multitude of educational material. As a space for encounters and exchange, the Cité has temporary exhibit rooms and offers a series of conferences, masterclasses and vibrant shows… Situated in the heart of Hôtel Gaillard, an exceptional historic monument, the Cité de L’Économie adds value to the showcasing of France’s extraordinary heritage. It is also the most recent and spectacular demonstration of the Banque Centrale’s (founders of this project) commitment in favor of education development accessible to everyone.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The founding members of Citéco are the Banque de France and the Institut d’émission des Départements d’Outre-mer.
Citéco is a cooperative under French Association Law 1901 disposing of a Board of Directors and a Committee.
The Board of Directors manages the activities of the cooperative through its deliberations. It is presided by the Governor of the Banque de France. As of 31 December 2021, it’s composition is as follows:
- Chairman: François Villeroy de Galhau
- Deputy Chairman: Emmanuel Constans
- Tresurer: Gilles Vaysset
- Secretary : Stéphanie Lange- Gaumand
- Trustees: Sylvie Goulard, Marie-Anne Poussin-Delmas, Marc-Olivier Strauss-Kahn, Nathalie Aufauvre
The Director of Citéco participates in the Board of Directors’ meetings.
The Scientific Council provides advice and expertise on exhibition programmes and educational activities. It brings together 12 prominent figures from a wide range of backgrounds including academia, economic stakeholders, the voluntary sector, students, journalism, institutional partners, museums and science centres.
Members of the Citéco Scientific Council:
- Alain Bernard, Head of Solidarity Economy at Secours Catholique
- Priscilia Bouton-Peignoux, SANOFI Financial Director
- Frédéric Carluer, Inspector General for National Education. Ministry of Education
- Marie Dancer, Deputy Head of the Department of Economics at the La Croix newspaper
- Philippe Gineste, Director of Citéco
- Anne-Catherine Hauglustaine, Director of the Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace (Aerospace Museum)
- Pascal Le Merrer, Director of Journées de l’Économie, Lyon
- Catherine Lubochinsky, Professor at the Université Paris 2, Panthéon-Assas
- Bruno Maquart, President of Universcience
- Michala Marcussen , Chief Economist at Société Générale
- Marina Quénan, Co-author at Stupid Economics
- Marc-Olivier Strauss-Kahn, Chair of the Citéco Scientific Council
- Philippe Gineste, Director
- Jean-Yves Greuet, Deputy
- Franck Albertini, Head of Operations Department
- Amandine Blier, Head of Communications
- Ghislain Lauverjat, Head of Audience Development Department
- Xavier Limagne, Head of Museography Department
- Christine Nguyen, Head of Resources Department
- Jacques-Bernard Sauner-Leroy, Head of Content
Published on 18 July 2022. Updated on 01 September 2022